This policy and any other documents referred to in it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand the types of information we collect from you, how we use that information and the circumstances under which we will share it with third parties. By visiting our website www.the-agent.uk (the “website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the relevant data protection legislation, the data controller is PreKey Ltd, T/A The Agent, Swift House, Ground Floor, 18 Hoffmans Way, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 1GU . Our ICO Registration Number is: ZA269084.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes (but is not limited to) information you provide when you register to use our website, purchase particular services, communicate with other users of the Website and report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
– Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and website
– Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); what you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties such as business partners, social networking, sub-contractors in technical and payment, advertising networks, analytics providers and may receive information about you from them.
3. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To provide analysis of demographic data.
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with the following selected third parties:
- Service providers, sub-contractors and business partners for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of PreKey Ltd, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. Where we store your personal data
- The data that we collect is stored by us on our secure servers.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- We restrict access of your personal information to those employees of PreKey T/A The Agent who have a business reason for knowing such information. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations to protect your personal information from any unauthorised access.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
- Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. Your Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by using our Contact Us form.
8. Third Party Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. Access to Information
Depending on applicable laws, you may have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. To request information we hold about you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org